Monday, June 22, 2009

Lyres - Those Lyres

Did someone mention The Lyres? Here you go buddy, Those Lyres on deck. No introduction needed on these guys, they are true garage legends. This collection serves up 11 singles sides (tracks 1-11) and a live set from Oslo, Norway recorded September 24, 1993 (tracks 12-26). I still remember vividly the first time I heard Help You Ann on a local college radio station, just amazing, I thought it was some lost sixties nugget I hadn’t heard yet. Imagine my surprise to find out it was just released, damn!

Tracks
1. Don’t Tell Me Lies
2. Boston
3. Baby It’s Me
4. Self-Centered Girl
5. Stay Away
6. I’ll Make It Up To You
7. Grounded
8. What’s A Girl Like You Doing In A Place Like This?
9. Baby (I Still Need Your Lovin’)
10. Shake It Some More
11. Gettin’ Plenty Lovin’
12. Boston
13. Jezebel
14. Touch
15. Don’t Tell Me Lies
16. Baby It’s Me
17. Self-Centered Girl
18. Shake It Some More
19. No Reason To Complain
20. Ring Dang Do
21. Help You Ann
22. Soapy
23. How Do You Know?
24. Sick And Tired
25. What A Girl Can’t Do
26. She Pays The Rent