Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lyres - On Fyre

A legendary record, originally released in 1984 on the Ace of Hearts label. When I get in that “gotta listen to some Lyres mood” this is the first disc I go for, if you’re only gonna have one Lyres record in your collection this would certainly be the one to have (although Lyres Lyres is great too). 25 years later this record still sounds great, and there aren’t too many records from the eighties that you can say that about. So maybe there’s a chance you have never heard this excellent record, if not here is your chance... enjoy.

Tracks
1. Don’t Give It Up Now
2. Help You Ann
3. I Confess
4. I’m Telling You Girl
5. Love Me Till The Sun Shines
6. I Really Want You Right Now
7. Tired Of Waiting
8. Dolly
9. Soapy
10. The Way I Feel About You
11. Not Like The Other One
The original album released on Ace of Hearts 1984. Track #6, “I Really Want You Right Now,” was only released on the New Rose version of the album, and the US promo version.

12. Never Met A Girl Like You Before
13. How Could I Have Done All Those Things
14. Swing Shift
15. Trying Just To Please You
16. Busy Body
Previously unreleased tracks recorded at the same time as the album. Mixed in 1997 by Rick and Jeff.

17. Someone Who’ll Treat You Right Now
18. She Pays The Rent
19. You’ve Been Wrong
Originally released as the “She Pays The Rent” 12", Ace of Hearts 1985.

20. I’ll Try Anyway
Only released on the “She Pays The Rent” promo 12".