Thursday, March 19, 2009

Plan 9 - Keep Your Cool And Read The Rules (1985)












I swear, this will be my last Plan 9 post, mostly because after this record they lost my attention with a more standard rock approach. After Plan 9 released I’ve Just Killed A Man And I Don’t Want To See Any Meat live album for Midnight Records they signed with Enigma Records and its new creation Pink Dust. Keep Your Cool And Read The Rules was the result and released in 1985. This was a overall very good album, but it took awhile longer to grow on me than the previous albums. The band was branching out a bit with some jazzy psych flourishes on Poor Boy and Keep Your Cool, which would be explored further on  the Sea Hunt album. They faithfully cover Lothar & The Hand People’s Machines and flirt with some slide blues on Face In The Box and Hot Day.