Friday, March 27, 2009

Crude PA (1990)

Take a trip to Pennsylvania with this compilation. This is a pretty solid album with winners from Pat Farrell & The Believers, The Snaps, Facts Of Life, The Sands Of Time and The Iron Gate among others. Plus you just have to hear I’m Gonna Make It by The Scholars, the only record I can think of that mixes doo-wop with garage, sounds goofy but it works pretty well, a cool artifact for sure. Some of these tracks were from acetates, so the sound quality on those tracks is a bit rough.

Tracks
 1. Brand New Baby - Pat Farrell & The Believers
 2. She Said So - The Conductors
 3. I Can’t See You - The Soul Generation
 4. Feelings - The Couriers
 5. You Make It Hard - The Changing Tymes
 6. Come Back Little Girl - The Sands Of Time
 7. I’m Gonna Make It - The Scholars
 8. I’ve Been Told - The Effects
 9. Find Somebody To Love Me - The Bitters End
10. Polka Dotted Eyes - The Snaps
11. Love: Human Emotion - J.C. And The New Tones
12. Point Five - The Nomads
13. I Need Your Energy - The Nomads
14. I’ve Seen Darker Nights - Facts Of Life
15. Feelin’ Bad - The Iron Gate
16. Ruby Tuesday - The Young Generation
17. Stupidity - The Young Generation
18. Captain Dueseldorph - The Starfyres