Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints (1967 UNI 73014)












Here it is, the album that is responsible for starting my music collecting career. $25 dollars back in the late 70’s, quite an obscene amount to pay for my meager income at that time. So having said that this is one of my favorite soft psych albums of all time. The only album I would rate higher than this would be the Creation of Sunlight album on Windi records. This is the original Incense And Peppermints album, not the cheesy greatest hits package pooped out by MCA in the early nineties. This classic album deserves better, much better and I hope someday it gets a proper reissue treatment. All of their other material has been reissued by Collectors’ Choice Music a few years back and is still available. If you would like to discover more SAC seek out Wake Up . . . It’s Tomorrow (their second album), things get kinda patchy after that.